Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services. We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development. Jumia Group Chief Marketing Officer Fresh Job Recruitment as follows;
Job Title: Chief Marketing Officer
Job Type: Full Time
- We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
- The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of Jumia Nigeria’s marketing, viral expansion and advertising initiatives.
- Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CMO’s primary responsibility is to generate revenue by increasing visibility and sales through successful marketing for the entire organization, using market research, partnerships, affiliates, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications, advertising and public relations.
In particular, you will:
- Develop marketing plan and in line with overall business strategy and goals.
- Custodian of total marketing, branding and overall marketing performance
- Overseeing the CRM process, ROI and managing closely agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) – customer acquisition, repeat purchase, Average Order Value [AOV] etc
- Responsible for Marketing Analytics. Oversee market research and competitive intelligence for quick decision making
- Prepare, own, implement and control of marketing budget
- Collaborate effectively with other members of leadership team to ensure alignment of marketing with commercial and business plans
- Utilize superior understanding of consumer insights and deep knowledge of local trends to identify innovative ideas for profitable growth and execute them
- Managing relationships with Central team in a matured and cohesive manner that brings the best of Central and local collaboration to the benefit of the company
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and/or an advanced degree in Marketing and Business (MBA)
- 8+ years of marketing in a consumer internet business, bringing experience building strong brands for companies with best-in-class digital experiences for large, global audiences, preferably in the consumer goods industry
- 5+ years of data-driven marketing with strong success implementing consumer acquisition and/or retention marketing campaigns with clear business objectives and targets.
- Track record building and leading a high-performing, cross-functional team of at least 15 people across branding, PR, digital, analytics, acquisition, and retention.
- Expertise generating, prioritizing, testing, and delivering on ideas that could drive 10 percent growth as well as 10x growth.
- Self-motivated individual with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong managerial experience
- Strong and relevant relationships in marketing agencies and other local partners
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.